You are in the right place if you are looking for pizza dough recipe and how to freeze the balls for future meal plans. Pizza delivery is good once in a while. But you could save some cash if you have the ingredients and knowledge of how to make pizza dough.
How to Make Pizza Dough
From now henceforth, you can make pizza crusts at home with this recipe. An electric mixer can do most of the job you can still go the traditional way of kneading manually. Here’s the procedure for making pizza dough.
• Combine these ingredients in a stand mixer bowl: water, sugar, and yeast. Leave it for 10 minutes to form bubbles and foam
• Add salt, olive oil, and bread flour. Stir with a wooden spoon or dough hook until the mixture combines roughly
• On medium speed, knead the dough for 10 minutes to make it smooth. Cover the bowl using a plastic wrap. Let it rise to double its original size in 30 minutes
• Transfer the dough to another surface on which light flour has been sprinkled. Cut it into 4 parts and shape them into balls
Your dough is ready for rolling and baking. But it is good to keep the balls in the freezer.
How to Freeze Pizza Dough
Apart from the already made pizza dough, you need a baking spray or oil and freezer bags. Plastic wraps are also good. You can choose to freeze it before or after the yeast acts upon it. Be sure to label it so you can know if it is ready to form a crust. It is always best to allow the dough to rise before freezing for future convenience. If you order a package from pizza dough suppliers but don’t have time to cook immediately, always use the following procedure to keep it safe.
• Divide the dough into sizes of pizza you wish to make before packaging
• Coat the balls with oil or sprinkle baking spray to make them easy to remove from freezer bags after thawing
• Put the dough into plastic wraps or a freezer bag and label the content including the date. When labeling, indicate if the dough has risen, topped, or baked
• Let it stay in the freezer until you are ready to cook. Use it within 3 months
• When the time comes to remove from the refrigerator let the dough come to room temperature
Making pizza at home shouldn’t be complicated. Now that you know how to roll the dough and add toppings, nothing can stop you from baking the sweetest pie. Should you need big batches for a party, don’t hesitate to call your nearest pizza dough suppliers for a quick fix.