So by now, we all know what SQL is and you want to use an SQL server(SQLS).
Before we get to the pros and cons of SQL Support on the servers lets see what such a platform can offer.
It is a relational database management system (RDBMS) software that allows you to store, manage, and change data effectively.
One of the main and essential functions of an SQLS is to provide data to other clients’ software applications.
Using intelligence Data and business platforms to interact with your SQLS to manage or query clients’ data.
As SQLS support is not just a database engine, it can offer other services as well including tools and applications.
When you install your SQLS, you can go for one of the other inclusive options:
• (SSIS) building ETL solutions
• (DQS) building a knowledge base and performing data cleansing
• (MDS) comprehensive data management
• (SSAS) online analytical processing and data mining
• (SSRS) creating reports and visualizations
Other products that work well for SQL Support are:
• SSIS for ETL processes
• For visual studio, you can use the SQLS data tool
• Use your Power BI Desktop to deploy the development of interactive and live dashboards. Which is powered by BI Report Server
SQLS SUPPORT PROS AND CONS:
AS YOUR SUPPORT SERVES BOTH THE COMPANY AND THE DATABASE WE WILL SEPARATE THE TWO’S PROS AND CONS BUT YOU WILL NOTICE THE
PROS OUTWEIGHS THE CONS:
COMPANY USE PROS:
1.Various editions to choose from:
- Product documentation and MS Premier support that will give you a network of support teams that are dedicated, skilled, and specialist
- On-premises and cloud database support
- SQL Server tools and applications that are useful to not only speed up designing of the database but it’s development, maintenance, and troubleshooting
a. SQL Server Management Studio
b. Azure Data Studio
c. SQL Server Data Tools
d. SQL Server Profiler
- Support for use on Linux
a. Red Hat Enterprise Linux
b. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
c. Ubuntu 16.04
d. Docker Engine
COMPANY USE CONS:
- Expensive pricing
- Complicated licensing
DATABASE SPECIALIST USE PROS:
- Plenty of career opportunities
- Free Developer edition
- A growing community
- Useful online documentation
DATABASE SPECIALIST USE CONS:
- Complex performance tuning
- Lack of native support for source control
SO SUPPORT FOR YOUR SQLS IS A NON PROBLEM FROM BEGINNING TO END!